Monday, November 3, 2008

Not too bad, yet

Yes, I'm tired. But I expected to be exhausted. I spent the early part of the day being humiliated: (1) before photos taken with and without my shirt, which will one day be posted on the company's website (along with the after shots), (2) a weigh-in and measuring session that involved me stripping down to my underwear and being scanned (much like an object with an SKU code) in a high-tech box, (3) submersion in a tub of water 4 times to determine my BMI and percentage lean body mass (because the rest is fat) and (4) walking on a treadmill with something resembling a gas mask to determine how much oxygen I have in my lungs (not much). It gets better: I'll be climbing into the scanner box once a week and the fat assessment pool every other week. Yay!

Compared to all of my assessments, the physical activity segment was fine. First, an hour of getting acquainted with all of the equipment, some of which terrifies me. Then, an hour of free-style cardio. (Note to self: on the free-style cardio days, I'll need to find someone to compete against. Otherwise, I'll consistently under-perform.) Finally, we had 90 minutes of outdoor boot camp. On the beach. In the dark. Lots of speed-walking with stops for lunges and squats, and some sand-walking stuff (sideways, backwards, marching, butt-kicks). It could have been much worse. And tomorrow will be: 3 hours of outdoor boot camp with different trainers, 30 minutes of one-on-one abs training, an hour of spinning, and another hour of one-on-one training.

Oh, and no before pictures. Really a terrible idea. Trust me when I say that I need to get in shape and that I will be making serious progress over the next six weeks. And for anyone who's interested, I will post a link to Camp Technique's before and after pics of me, once they're on-line.

1 comment:

Gwynne said...

You Go Girl!!!
Rootin' for ya out here on the beaches of olde Cape Cod!
G, G & G