Friday, November 14, 2008

BC 12: In Which I Do Not Excel at Dune Hiking

I attribute my dismal performance at the massive and apparently famous Manhattan Beach sand dune to two things: (1) walking up a 100 foot, incredibly steep sand dune is very, very hard and (2) my vertigo kicked in, making me terrified to get to the top (for fear of looking down the aforementioned steep dune). Admitting defeat once I reached the top, I spent the next 80 minutes or so walking up and down the 10 or so flights of stairs next to the dune. Thanks to many turns and ample tree cover, I was spared any further vertigo-related trauma.

The rest of the day was difficult but manageable: 60 minutes of circuit training, divided pretty evenly into abs, upper body and legs. Post-lunch, I had a one-on-one training session with the trainer I think I like the best (she pushes me hard, but seems to understand my limits). All biceps and triceps, except for the dreaded step (I am going to start having nightmares about it). Finally, I got to relax with 60 minutes of cardio circuit training (elliptical trainer, treadmill, bike). And now, thanks to the trainers having lives, I'm done until tomorrow morning's super-painful beach boot camp.

Good things that happened today: two trainers independently told me I was doing really well/improving and my pants have started falling down (not while they were telling me, fortunately).

2 comments:

Jenny Davidson said...

Good work!

T said...

Congratulations on all your hard work! I'm glad you're getting positive feedback from the trainers and from your pants.