Tuesday, November 18, 2008

BC 16 - Things Are Looking Up

Because of my awful weigh-in results yesterday, today I returned to the dunk tank. If you're unfamiliar (or I didn't describe it last time), it involves getting in a bathing suit, lying face down in a dunking pool, and blowing all the air out of your lungs in order to get an assessment of your body fat percentage. For purposes of accuracy, it's necessary to do it a few times. The results: I've lost 19.6 pounds of body fat and gained 10.6 pounds of lean body mass in the past 2 weeks. I've also decreased my body fat percentage by 6.6%. I'm pretty pleased with the numbers, but still think I'll stay off the scale, or only do it in conjunction with a body fat analysis. If I can lose another 10-15% body fat while I'm here, I'll be thrilled and totally fine with whatever number is showing up on the scale.

Here's my (pretty satisfying) fitness day: an hour of training (triceps and chest), 90 minutes of swimming, 60 minutes of independent cardio (primarily the elliptical trainer, but also the bike and the treadmill), and an hour of partner training on a circuit (lat pull-downs, crunches, squats, push-ups and some more tricep work), repeated for the entire hour, which ended up being a little painful. The day ended with another intense Tuesday night boot camp in the park: lots of running (I'm getting better), lots of circuit work. Tuesday night boot camps are taught by my favorite trainer (the one who pushes me hard but knows my limits), and apparently I can take quite a lot. After this evening's boot camp, I spent some quality time with some of my favorite boot campers (all of whom are now watching the Biggest Loser). So, nice balance, nice day.

4 comments:

T said...

Oh, good!!!

Jenny Davidson said...

Very good!

Robby said...

Very encouraging! Build the muscle, lose the fat--that scale will take care of itself. Nice going!

D_anon said...

19.6 pounds! Wow, that's great! Your workouts sound grueling. Can you believe that crazy Amy didn't vote off Icky Vicky?!? Sorry to hear about your molester masseuse. I must say I laughed really hard when you said all you want is someone to walk on your back.