Friday, November 7, 2008

Boot Camp Day 4: My First Sports Injury

All of the bike fear was justified: I've forgotten how to ride a bike and am so completely without balance that I can't manage to stay up for more than 3 seconds. So, scenic bike rides in Venice Beach are out for the next couple of weeks, until I can relearn how to ride a bike.

My other major discovery is that I suck at yoga.

Today started out pretty well: a 3 mile morning walk to the pier and back, an abs class, swimming in Santa Monica, upper body training, and a massage. Even the evening outdoor boot camp session -- which I thought I was too exhausted to attend -- was okay at first: some running/walking, good stretching (yoga-like, so maybe I don't completely suck at yoga). Unfortunately, during some agility training involving an obstacle course, I tripped and had a hard landing on my left knee (apparently I'm not that agile). At the moment, it doesn't bend, I can barely walk on it, and standing up is extremely painful. To be determined whether I can make it to tomorrow morning's dune hike...

No comments: