Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Boot Camp Day 10: Something Rotten

In a burst of excitement, I posted that the powers that be got it wrong, and that I actually lost 8.5 pounds my first week. Apparently not. The bizarre-o box was weighing 4.5 pounds light last Monday and 2 pounds light this Monday. So, somewhere around 6-6.5 pounds lost this week. And while I am happier that I lost more, considering how hard I've been working, I think that a place that charges $4000 per week per person should have a working scale.

My day: exhausting, again. We started with yoga in a park, which was really nice, when it wasn't painful. Spinning was just painful (equal parts the pain of the seat and the difficulty of the class), but I feel like a wimp asking to remove spinning from my schedule, so I'll just suck it up and buy a gel seat. One-on-one training was brutal: both of the the trainers I work with insist on making me do exercises on the step between sets, and -- since I apparently have almost no lung capacity -- I always end up totally winded. On the plus side, I am getting very fast on the step and the trainers have noted that I've really improved since last week. Free cardio time was fine, although the weigh-in debacle took a bite out of my 60 minutes. Evening boot camp was run by a sadist who kept us on the treadmill for a full hour with a 15% incline while doing bicep and tricep work with 4 pound dumbbells, with mini-breaks for push-ups, crunches and squats. Everything hurts while I'm doing it, but I have to admit that afterward (when I'm not thinking about the muscle soreness) I feel pretty good.

No comments: