Friday, February 20, 2009

Weekend Grad School Update

First off, it seems that I wasn't jinxing myself. Not only did I get into Harvard, but they've awarded me their highest honor: a Presidential Fellowship, which covers all five years of tuition, plus a generous spending stipend. Yay.

Even more good news: I heard from Michigan, and they've also accepted me (no word yet on whether they're also courting me with prestigious fellowships and/or scholarships).

It seems that every grad school has an open house sometime between March 5 and March 16. I'll have some decisions to make, because I can't go to all of them, and I don't want to cut in too much to the (incredibly limited) amount of time I have to spend visiting people in LA and New York. Still, very exciting.

Expect more updates next week, since I have a feeling this will all be done this month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the news from Harvard, Adrienne. Are you excited to go back? Deneta and I just got a postcard from you, btw. Thanks! Stay well.

Adrienne said...

Thanks! I haven't made a decision yet, but I wouldn't mind being back in Cambridge... Take care.