Wednesday, December 3, 2008

BC 31: The Dunk Tank

For some reason, this was my worst dunk ever. As in I was suddenly afraid of drowning and kept coming up for air before I got a decent reading. Finally (after 5 attempts) I managed to stay down. The results: I've lost 9.1% of my body fat since I've been here, losing 29 pounds of fat and gaining 12 pounds of muscle. I am told that I will start losing muscle soon, which is a very good thing, since currently my lean body mass (bones, muscle, organs, etc.) is more than my goal weight, and I have it on good authority that we need some fat (not to mention bones and organs).

Today was pretty crazy: I spent the entire day in the gym and had THREE separate training sessions (an hour of abs/core, an hour of back and biceps and an hour of legs). Too much personal training!!! The rest of the time I spent on cardio machines, where I managed to climb the 1300 feet I'll be doing every day on my Ethiopian mountain trek.

In other news, one of my favorite campers (and my first friend at boot camp) left yesterday. Very sad. We started the same day, so it's a major shock not to have her around to suffer with (although I'm pretty sure she was having a bit more fun than I was).

Tomorrow will be the last day in the heated pool (I'm told we're going to the unheated outdoor pool next week - can I call in cold?) and the last evening boot camp until Monday. The half empty: the boot camp trainer is pretty tough generally and wraps up boot camp with a horrifically painful (but effective) butt routine (by which I mean, of course, a set of exercises, not some form of X-rated entertainment).

No comments: