Saturday, January 17, 2009

Zanzibar and Photo Issues

Grateful as I am to finally have access to the blog again, I must confess that even the internet in Zanzibar isn't fast enough to actually upload photos. At least not in the beach village of Kendawa (or in the 3 internet cafes I visited in Stone Town). So photos will have to wait even longer (fingers crossed I don't have to wait until I'm in the US, because I'd thought this blog would be illustrated).

So, Stone Town was pretty and tourist-friendly and a really nice break. Kendawa is... kinda boring. The beach is really beautiful, my bed is huge, and that's kind of it. Mostly couples laying out on the beach and me sitting under an umbrella reading (I've finished 2 books in the 24 hours that I've been here). A nice break, but I won't be sorry to leave for Nairobi tomorrow. Beautiful as Zanzibar is, it strikes me as a couples/honeymoon spot.

I do have some nice photos of sunset on the Indian Ocean from the Africa House Hotel, red and blue monkeys in the Jozani Forest, and some shots from around Stone Town (plus less thrilling photos of mangroves, random trees and a spice plantation). Just FYI.

No comments: