Friday, March 27, 2009

Even More on How Much American Express Sucks

I think I mentioned how, after two months of humiliating card rejections, major inconvenience and lies from Amex staff, I finally canceled my card and requested a refund of my (pretty large) credit balance (particularly large since I canceled my 7 1/2 week southern Africa trip). Well, a month later, American Express still hasn't sent the check. I called while in the US to find out why. Which led to an email from American Express informing me that they've "opened an inquiry" into the "disputed" funds, and that in the interim, I'm not required to make a payment of these funds to Amex. The inquiry is expected to be resolved within the next 10-12 weeks. Something tells me I may need to sue if I'm going to see that money again, and I'm fairly certain I'll be tacking on claims for the hell they've put me through since December. Good thing my bar membership hasn't lapsed yet.

No comments: